i got a pretty cool gift in the mail recently, completely unexpected. sarah thought i'd purchased another butterfly collection or something but instead it was a gift from a bunch of the people from the facebook page - a framed version of mark englert's thing print - with a little drawing of what appears to be me, doing the infamous spider-head walk.
it looks like the frame is custom made as well, which is an additionally awesome thing. i don't have much on my walls in my studio so this will be a very cool addition. i'm not great at expressing emotions but i am very pleased to have this, and a little in shock as well. so, thanks to all for this very touching gift.
EDIT: so, finding out more about this amazing gift as time passes. turns out the frame was custom made by bryan henderson, who, along with another great fellow, adam stern, helped organize this whole idea. bryan did a really amazing job on the frame. from bryan - "My dad and I spent an afternoon building the frame - we built it from
scratch using wood working tools, etc. Always a good excuse to spend
time with him. My dad stained it by hand over the course of a week with I
think about 4 layers of ebony oil along with a few layers of a polish. I
have learned a few framing techniques by myself and incorporated them
into putting your frame together. Needless to say, it has all the best
components, and I hope it has a hand made look to it. I want to say it's
the best frame I/we have ever made and put together."
so that is pretty amazing in itself. plus, i get a large paypal today from bryan, 700something dollars, to give to the charity of my choice. apparently its the left over contributions from people who wanted to pay for the print and frame job. pretty amazing, now i have to think of a worthy cause to donate this money to. i will try to document that process, just so people know i didn't spend it all on prometheus tickets. because it was that good. i don't care what people say, its just a fun time at the movies.
anyways, thanks again to everyone, its certainly something i'd never expect in a million years.






